For those of you that are long-time Evergreen Shores residents, you may recall that Bucher Park was last updated in about 1990. This past year our City Council approved a budget of $580,000 to again renovate most of the park. The primary improvements completed this summer were:
- New plazas and picnic shelters at the park entrance and adjacent to the baseball and soccer field areas.
- All new playground equipment
- Rebuilt trails and new trail connections
- Much improved drainage of the baseball and soccer fields
- An expanded infiltration basin to treat storm water runoff into Kerry Pond.
Two “observation openings” were also created along the pond edge to allow for a more scenic view from the park area. They will be completed next spring. There will NOT be fishing docks placed on those two sites.
Having this beautiful park located adjacent to our neighborhood is great for our families’ ongoing use, and of course adds to the value of all of our homes!