Our annual Evergreen Shores Homeowners Association Meeting will be Monday January 22nd at the Shoreview library at 6:30 in the Library Community Room (to the left as you walk in the doors). Link to join virtually via Microsoft Teams is below:
Microsoft Teams meeting – Join on your computer, mobile app or room device
Click here to join the meeting
Meeting ID: 285 513 411 227
Download Teams | Join on the web
Topics to cover include:
- Sediment Removal/Dredging project update
- Pond Activity/Collections
- Current Finances
- Board Elections
- Ideas/Volunteers for Pond Maintenance
- Wrap up
Please also remember to get your DNR Forms/Annual dues of $105 in by January 26th!
Everyone – We are planning the Evergreen Shores HA Annual Meeting for April 11th @ 7pm. We will cover:
- Sediment removal project,
- Pond updates,
- Board elections, and
- Other business.
We’d love to get a lot of participation from the homeowners and are debating whether to try to have it in person or virtual. Shoreview Community Center now charges $315 for room rental. I’ve created a form to get everyone’s preference on in-person / virtual as well as capturing any additional topics you’d like covered. Please visit https://forms.gle/2Gv3uQvveTTLEZFw9 to weigh in.
REMINDER: We need your $105 dues & DNR form! Please visit http://esha-sv.org/2023-esha-updates/ for details.
Hi Everyone –
A few weeks ago we mailed a letter with updates on the dredging, pond treatments, along with an envelope for the dues and DNR form. If you missed it, attached is a copy of the letter and DNR for for your convenience.
We’ve received a question or two on the dues. The dues are $105 / year. They fund a number of things like water treatment, fish stocking, and a number of small miscellaneous things (website, annual meeting room rental, postage, etc.). We ask all homeowners to pay their dues even if they choose not to sign the DNR form and treat their shoreline. If you do choose to treat your shoreline, we need a signed DNR form (attached) returned to us along with the dues. If you use venmo, we still need the signed DNR form.
Please send the complete DNR form (instructions included at the end of the ESHA 2022 Communication.pdf) along with the dues to ESHA C/O Lynn Culey at 5849 Evergreen Ln, Shoreview, MN 55126
Thank you! ESHA Volunteer Board
We have been informed that Lake Restoration is really short staffed and will be treating our water the week of 6/13. We apologize as we’ve been pushing for a treatment prior to Memorial Day.
Additionally, the channel sediment removal project is still looking like it will start in late summer / early fall. We will send more updates as we have them.
Lastly, please do your part to keep the water clean. Part of the reason the city / county is paying for the sediment removal is that we have an active group of owners doing their part to take care of the water. A few things to remember:
1) Remove any debris, sticks, etc. from the water
2) Try to keep your shore clean as it helps keep debris from falling into the water
3) Avoid applying fertilizer anywhere near the water as rain water will wash it into the water and feed the weeds we’re trying to control
Have a safe and fun summer on water this year!
Thanks, ESHA Board
Everyone – Here’s the correct DNR for needed to submit for treatment.
Thanks, ESHA Board
Hello Evergreen Shores HomeOwners –
The ESHA board is mailing out the annual update letter (a copy is attached here). It covers a variety of important updates. The letter will be mailed today and includes a return envelope for the 2022 dues. These dues are important for a number of projects. To make things easier, we now have a venmo account if you’d prefer to pay your dues that way. The venmo handle is @amanda-samples
Lastly, we used the county’s GIS system for obtaining addresses / names. It’s possible that the data is incorrect. Please let us know if the letter comes to you but has incorrect information.
The DNR has approved the permit for Lake Restoration to treat the lily pads. We anticipate the treatment to happen soon. If you have any questions, please reach out to Lake Restoration @ (763) 428-9777.
Evergreen Shores Neighbors -The ESHA board wants to share two important update.
- The two treatment plan from Lake Restoration has been completed for the season. The feedback has been very positive. The change to a different herbicide product has been very effective, and allowed us to treat prior to June 1. As the weeds die and turn brown, it’s important that we do our best to remove the dead plants. This will help reduce the amount of weeds and organic material in the ponds. We’re awaiting a DNR site visit over the next month to determine the amount of water lilies that can be treated for the August (one time) treatment specifically for this plant. Please note that it’s important for everyone to have their docks/watercraft visible and in good shape for the DNR site visit to demonstrate how we use the water as “recreation”. This is our best case to receive permit approval to treat water lilies.
- Regarding the upcoming channel sediment removal (dredging) project, the channels were surveyed by an engineering firm, and the approximate amount of sediment to be removed was identified in the specified areas. The next steps are to have an environmental engineering firm collect and test sediment samples per MPCA standards, and start the process with the DNR for permitting. The city of Shoreview plans to get that process going by the last week in July. We’re still hopeful for a dredging project to begin as early as this Fall. Rest assured, the ESHA Board is doing everything they can to keep the process moving forward.
Thanks for all of the support and positive feedback this year. We greatly appreciate those neighbors we’ve seen actively cleaning and maintaining their shorelines. Don’t forget to clean the street gutters and storm drains too so we keep that debris out of the ponds!
Everyone – Two quick updates:
Dredging – The sediment survey was completed last week. The engineering firm has the data and will provide the report back to the city. We do not know yet when the city will start the dredging project. We’ll keep you posted.
Lake Restoration will start the first treatment today. If you have any issues or questions please call LR @ 763-428-9777.
Neighbors – If you weren’t able to make it to the annual meeting, here is the recording from tonights meeting. Email email@example.com if you have questions.